Print facilities at INTRA are provided by resident artists Medway Fine Printmakers, including:
- Screen printing studio, 6×4′ photo stencil exposure unit, wash out booth, drying racks, 2 vacuum beds, textile tables.
- Rochat etching press for intaglio work, collagraph and linocut
- Book press for relief printing e.g. linocut
- Exposure unit for solar / polymer plates
- Risograph machine with following colour drums: black, bright red, green, blue, medium blue, flat gold, teal, purple, fluro orange and yellow.
- Print Gocco machines, PG-11, PG-5, PG Arts
- Riso Screenfax and MiScreen thermofax maker for instant small screen printing stencils
- Heat press for textiles work, flocking, foil effects and fusing
- Two Adana 8×5 machines for letterpress & relief
- Digital cutter for vinyl stencils.
The facilities are available for open access on Wednesdays in bookable 3 hour sessions, or by arrangement on other days. These are not taught sessions – users must be able to work alone safely, or have attended a recent course. Presses can be hired by the day or half day for use by art groups etc. Inks, binders, papers, newsprint, foils and flocks can be bought on site, or you can bring along your own to use.
> More details at Medway Fine Printmakers
Every Tuesday, INTRA’s front workspace transforms into a busy glass studio run by Karen Verma of GlassMania. Adult classes run in terms and are very popular. Karen’s large glass kiln has a permanent home in the workspace and is filled up each week with beautiful work ready for fusing. Weekend day classes in glass fusing, copper foiling and stained glass also run in the space from time to time.
A large room at the front of our building with four beautiful wooden work tables can be hired by the hour or day for group meet-ups, parties, workshops, talks, or any other creative or educational purpose. For details, please call us on 01634 790959.
We also have a lot of general arts and craft equipment available for use in the space, such as easels, boards, guillotines, cutting mats, knives, heat guns, light boxes, drawing supplies, bookbinding tools, a vinyl cutter, scanner, printers and light boxes.
A large collection of arts related reference books and magazines is available for use on site by visitors. Includes many books on craft projects, printmaking methods, and art techniques, as well as design, illustration, children’s picture books and vintage books and magazines across a wide range of subjects.
Unravel & Unwind now have their own venue in Gillingham, so are no longer based at INTRA. Go and see their lovely shop and craft centre at 57 Green St, Gillingham ME7 1AE.
> Unravel & Unwind