Print facilities at INTRA are provided by resident artists Medway Fine Printmakers, including:
- Screen printing studio, 6×4′ photo stencil exposure unit, wash out booth, drying racks, 2 vacuum beds, textile tables.
- Rochat etching press for intaglio work, collagraph and linocut
- Book press for relief printing e.g. linocut
- Exposure unit for solar / polymer plates
- Risograph machine with following colour drums: black, bright red, green, medium blue, flat gold, teal and orange.
- Print Gocco machines, PG-11, PG-5, PG Arts
- Riso Screenfax and thermofax for instant small screen printing stencils
- Heat press for textiles work, flocking, foil effects and fusing
- Two Adana 8×5 machines for letterpress & relief
- Digital cutter for vinyl stencils.
The facilities are available for open access on Wednesday (£12 for 3 hours) or by arrangement on other days. These are not taught sessions – users must be able to work alone safely, or have attended a recent course. Presses can be hired by the day or half day for use by art groups etc. Inks, binders, papers, newsprint, foils and flocks can be bought on site, or you can bring along your own to use.
> More details on the Medway Fine Printmakers website
Unravel & Unwind offers a friendly community space at INTRA, a place to work on any craft project you have on the go, in a social setting. Many craft supplies and tools are available, and there are sewing machines and a small oven. Courses include fabric manipulation, polymer clay, decoupage and sewing memory bears from a treasured item of clothing.
Open every day of the week, with special drop in mornings for crochet, knitting and sewing. Check the Unravel & Unwind website for current times.
> Unravel & Unwind
A large room with four Edwardian wooden work tables can also be hired by the hour or day for group meet-ups, parties, workshops organised independently, talks, or any other creative or educational purpose. For details, please call us on 01634 753299.
We also have a lot of general arts and craft equipment available for use in the space, such as easels, boards, guillotines, cutting mats, knives, drawing supplies, bookbinding tools, a vinyl cutter, scanner, printers and light boxes.
A large collection of arts related reference books and magazines is available for use on site by visitors. Includes many books on craft projects, printmaking methods, and art techniques, as well as design, illustration, children’s picture books and vintage books and magazines across a wide range of subjects.