We recently asked you to help us choose 10 female leaders of Medway, as the focus of our two-year textiles and songwriting project The Cut Of Her Cloth, co-produced with music charity Live Music Now.
Well it wasn’t an easy task choosing but the votes are all in, and we’re delighted to announce the ten women who have been selected.
The Cut Of Her Cloth – Female Leaders of Medway
- Kathleen D’Olier Courtney – Suffragist & Pacifist
- Verena Holmes – Engineer
- Constance Huggett – Dockyard Worker
- Lorna Wing – Psychiatrist
- Zandra Rhodes – Fashion Designer
- Hilary Cooke – Equality Champion
- The Two Lindas (Linda Fiddyment & Linda Jones) – Charity Organisers
- Carol Stewart – Campaigner
- Wendy Daws – Artist & Accessibility Advocate
- Rachael Burford – Rugby Player
To read about these inspiring women, and the rest of the excellent nominees, please take a look at
The Cut Of Her Cloth‘s main project page.
We’re looking forward to starting the textile workshops in the new year. If you’d like to take part in creating banners, ceremonial garments and songs around these women’s work and stories, or if you’d just like to receive updates on the project: please sign up to the mailing list.
We launched this project for Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee in summer 2022.
See images of the launch on Instagram
Many thanks to National Lottery players for making The Cut Of Her Cloth possible – this project was awarded funding from the National Lottery Community Fund, saluting 70 years of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s reign and legacy as part of the Platinum Jubilee Fund.